DIY & idée Créative
Making Flower Pompoms with used brushes
25/04/2016 – This DIY is very quick and easy. In this post, I invite you to transform old paint brushes into Alliums. Beautiful flowers, well known for their highly decorative flower spike.
This Spring, I’d like to give a new life to my used brushes and a touch of colour to the studio. Enjoy the idea in the following article!
- used brushes
- 1 ball of wool
- Wire Roll
- scissors (which cut very well)
- semi-circular pliers
- cutting pliers
- an easel or a chair
Method – Step by Step
1/ How to make a yarn Pompom?
- I know a trick lot faster to make several pompoms at once! Saving time, it’s magic! There’s no need any more for round cardboard.
- Take the wool and an easel (or chair legs). Wrap the yarn around the two bars. with many layers to gain enough thickness.
- Place all items on a table. They already have the look of pompoms!
NOTICE: For some pompoms a small adjustment is needed with scissors.
Here, the small pompoms are nice round. They are finished!
2/ How to make the flower?
- Take a used brush. Push the brush head into the pompom’s centre by distributing the wool yarns on each side.
- To fasten, use 2 strands of wire roll. Wrap them around the body of the brush by squeezing hard. Make a spiral collar.
And now it’s finished. Just make the same thing for the other brushes !!
3/ The result:
Here are some pictures that give you a glimpse of my old brushes.
TIP: To give a little more natural side to the bunch of alliums, I added some yellow pompoms held by a wire roll (more rigid) for the whole body.
Brushes that look like alliums. The transformation has a lot of charm !