On va Sortir
GreatArt: New Opening in London
10/08/2016 – In France, artists know Le Géant des Beaux-Arts with 12 stores located throughout the country as well as its online store on the web. A specialized Art brand also represented in 8 European countries through Gerstaecker. Today, I’m speaking about “GreatArt” which has recently opened its first UK Store in London, an event I didn’t want to miss out on.
After visiting the shops of Paris, Nice, Strasbourg, I had the opportunity to discover the one in London. Shopping and shooting time…Let’s get into it a bit more!
In the UK, the GreatArt brand is known for almost 15 years for its online sales and supplies for fine arts. The online store continues to have great success, but there was a lack of a shop location in which to meet artists. Now it’s happened. On the 21st of July 2016 in London, GreatArt opened the doors of its first store dedicated to artists. In the heart of Shoreditch, the location is absolutely perfect!
GreatArt, Kingsland Road:
GreatArt London, some numbers:
- 8500 square feet
- 2 levels for exhibition
- 1 In Store Service including Click & Collect
- 1 seating corner
The lower level includes an extensive range of stretched canvas and display products for exhibition. It also provides all the materials required to create your own bespoke canvases, and custom framing and mounting services.
The GreatArt flagship store showcases materials for all artistic techniques: painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, graphic art, illustration, airbrushing, and model making. There is something for everyone and for all artists … A small tour in pictures!
Benches, chairs, tables, refreshments and hot drinks are free for customers. Excellent initiative, good choice in colours and great materials for the furniture, you’ll like it!
GreatArt, Shopping Time in Shoreditch:
- Access: very easy. 12 minutes of walking, arriving straight from Liverpool Street station. Another possibility is to access using the Hoxton Overground Station.
- Traffic in the store: the aisles are wide enough and marked with signs hanging from the ceiling to be noticeable. The store is very bright and pleasant!
- The stock: Large range of art materials in all areas. The canvas range in lower level is absolutely Wow!
- The decoration: white walls, light wood, dark gray floors and reclaimed wood tables… everything is there to give the impression that we are in an artist’s studio!
- The reception staff: smiling, friendly, helpful. Happy to get this new address!
41-49 Kingsland Road
London, E2 8AG