L'artiste et la Création
Ship a Thank You Note with your Orders
12/01/2018 – You have to send a piece of art to a customer soon? Great, congratulations! When sending an artwork, the artist’s mission is not only to satisfy but to mark the mind of the receiver. An artist’s work is always a source of joy and and a chance to share. So, do not disappoint. The parcel must arrive on time, well packed, and showing all the gratitude the artist has for their customer.
Think to say thank you:
An easy, outstanding and (especially) very cheap technique, a thank you is essential in any correspondence. It would be a real shame to not have the right reponse.
My thank you collection ready to be sent.
Why say Thank you?
- to express gratitude (a strong positive impact for those who receive it).
- to build good trust (strengthen your reputation as an artist).
- to create a bond (making you want to repeat the experience).
- to show the artist is human (and not a big commercial machine).
- to make them smile (lowers cortisol, the stress hormone that activates during unpacking).
- to have impeccable customer service (with guaranteed ‘Wow effect’).
How to create this amazing effect?
Simply by paying attention to small details. The presentation counts deeply in correspondence. Take the time to create a sensitive and quality image of you.
- WRITE IT! The simplest, least expensive and most personalized kind of attention that can be added to a package is a handwritten note adorned with the magic words THANK YOU. Do not forget to use the customer’s first name, followed by a warm message and a signature.
- PERSONALIZE IT! I like adding a small smiley or small drawing (often flowers) made by hand on the packaging, it indicates that I took pleasure in preparing the parcel.
Bubble wrap, cardboard, kraft paper and a lovely illustrated wink before adding everything into the shipping box.
- BE AMAZING! Depending on the amount of the order or the loyalty of the customer, I sometimes include small goodies in my shipping box.
E.g: decorative, handmade paper ornaments (like origami), several printed postcards, a dedicated picture, a small watercolour on paper ready to frame, a printed book, or a complimentary frame (already installed on the painting).
Goodies that sometimes come to be added to the package
The necessary materials for home-made notes:
When art collector customers order from an artist, they expect creativity, authenticity and sincerity. No need to use an overpriced communication to thank them, the little home-made card always has more power than a simple printed note.
Here are some materials that will help you to illustrate your gratitude. Feel free to pick from the list of ideas:
- thick watercolour paper or bristol board
- quick-drying paint: gouache, watercolour, acrylic
- postcards and blank envelopes
- coloured pencils or Fibre pens
- pretty ornaments or wrap ribbons
- contour shaped edged scissors for cutting patterns
- coloured adhesive tape (Washi Tape), glue sticks
Most of these products are currently available at GreatArt Online and can be ordered to collect from their art supply shop in London Shoreditch or delivered to your home.
Some results in pictures:
I really like picking out ready-to-use card sets. FOLIA boxes usually contain cards with or without cut aperture, envelopes, glitter, glue and so on.
NOTE: The main thing is to make your illustration on thick paper according to the size of the card, then slide it into the card and then in its own envelope!
On silver paper
DISCLAIMER : Cet article est une collaboration sponsorisée. Je fais partie des artistes référents qui utilisent le matériel proposé par Le Géant Des Beaux-Arts – France et GreatArt – United Kingdom. Vous venez de lire mon article issu de cette collaboration. Au risque de me répéter, sachez que j’apprécie les marques distribuées par ce partenaire depuis des années, et que je suis convaincue de la qualité du matériel destiné aux artistes et aux personnes créatives. Même si cela paraît logique, je précise que je suis LIBRE sur la thématique et le choix des produits mis en avant, LIBRE sur le contenu, LIBRE de donner mon VÉRITABLE avis, et c’est également pour cette raison que ce partenariat est important car je peux donner libre cours à mon imagination et ainsi proposer du contenu frais et de qualité.