BIYOMAP Art Protection Sleeves
13/03/2017 – Lately I had good nose in my shopping. As Cyrano: says “It’s a cover … it’s useful… it’s a bag! What do I say, it’s a sleeve? … it’s a good case! »
But Curious? How to use it? “
Do not you see where I want to go with my outburst? I will explain it in the following text.
1/ An Artist’s idea
Do you know that every year 150,000 rolls of bubble wrap (if not more) are used in the art world. It is huge, massive, and dramatic!
In 2009, the Dutch artist Yolanda Philippens found a new concept with BIYOMAP Protective Sleeves. She was looking for a solution to reduce these massive piles of bubbles wrap at each art fair and she had the idea to create BIYOMAP!
In search of environmentally friendly solutions, I took a close interest in BIYOMAP. Reusable and space-saving packaging for paintings and all framed artworks, BIYOMAP replaces bubble wrap and protects the paintings during storage or transport.
2- BIYOMAP | Key features
- Dutch brand.
- Lightweight, sturdy polyester fabric , not waterproof.
- Acid free fabric, dust and lightproof, scratch resistant.
- Micro-perforated fabric that prevents mold
- Sleeves available in 10 sizes according to colour
- 2 openings (top + side) for very large sizes
- Velcro fastening, seam finish.
3- IN MY STUDIO
3 of my paintings have been selected for a photo shoot not far from where I live. It is up to me to bring them and get them to the photographer’s studio.
If we compare the materials necessary for 3 paintings, we can very quickly see differences.
- Bubble Wrap side: I need a lot of footage of plastic, tape and also scissors.
- BIYOMAP side: I need 3 sleeves and foam corners.
For each sleeve, I make my own label with an A4 sheet (logo, picture of the painting, title and size) and I slip it into transparent window for important information.
So I’ll pack my first painting. (I thank the “Lovely Monroe” for accompanying me with this demonstration.)
After using foam corners on the four corners of the painting, I slip it into the sleeve (Photos above). I close with the flap with velcro strips.
And voilà, it’s packed! The painting is now ready!
5- USE & REVIEW
- Easy and ready to pack and unpack.
- Easy storage, protection of artworks in 2D (studio) and travel (galleries, exhibitions, photoshoots).
- Do not stick to varnished surfaces like bubble wrap can.
- Possibility of placing 2 painting in 1 sleeve back to back.
- Clever transparent window to include a label, flyers or business cards
- Space-saving when the sleeve is empty because it folds, rolls and stows easily.
- 100% recyclable and made with 50% recycled material
- Contributes to the reduction of waste on the planet (eco-friendly)
- Much more presentable and elegant than bubble wrap.
To conclude, I love it!
The 3 paintings are packed in the same way in their protective sleeve … Go, it’s photo shoot time!
6- GOOD TO KNOW
BIYOMAP protective sleeves can be used for mailing or shipping but be careful, it is not enough to protect effectively.
This kind of envelope replaces bubble wrap only, so always add foam corners, a thick cardboard box or a wooden box to face risks during shipping. Think about it!
DISCLAIMER : cet article est une collaboration sponsorisée. Je fais partie des artistes référents qui utilisent le matériel proposé par Le Géant Des Beaux-Arts – France et GreatArt – United Kingdom. Vous venez de lire mon article issu de cette collaboration. Au risque de me répéter, sachez que j’apprécie les marques distribuées par ce partenaire depuis des années, et que je suis convaincue de la qualité du matériel destiné aux artistes et aux personnes créatives. Même si cela paraît logique, je précise que je suis LIBRE sur la thématique et le choix des produits mis en avant, LIBRE sur le contenu, LIBRE de donner mon VÉRITABLE avis, et c’est également pour cette raison que ce partenariat est important car je peux donner libre cours à mon imagination et ainsi proposer du contenu frais et de qualité.