DIY & idée Créative
Pébéo Mat Pub Fluid Acrylic Paint & Extra-Matt
08/06/2018 – I often like testing other brands of acrylic paints. This time, I have a crush on MAT pub paint. It’s the name that attracted me. What’s this? Why? Is it paint for advertising? Because in french “Pub” means “Publicité” = advertising. You may find it funny, but I thought that at first glance.
This subject interests you? Ok, here is my post that describes the characteristics of this paint.
Once upon a time, Pébéo
For the short story, the MAT Pub paint was created in 1978 by Pébéo. When the company started (just after the first world war), Pébéo was the specialist for gouache and acrylic paints in France. Over time, the brand has diversified, and now offers, all types of fine art materials. A little history is always useful to my new readers. I know they are very numerous, so do not forget them!
I tested this paint.
With the first stroke of your brushes, you can really feel the comfort that comes from its consistency. I said “Ohlala, I’m going to do a lot of nice things with this paint.”
Simple and efficient, the MAT Pub paint combines the specific qualities of a traditional gouache with those of a fairly high-end acrylic.
Whether you are painting in the studio or in the street, a professional artist or beginner, working in illustration and lettering, the huge versatility of this acrylic paint will please you as much as it did me.
I understand better why they chose the name now. In Pub (as Publicité in French), we know that people appreciate originality, versatility, adaptability and also love to wear colours. Maybe that’s why Pébéo gave it that name!
GOOD TO KNOW: When we compare the price of MAT pub with prices of other brands of acrylic paint, we can see that for 140ml it has a fairly good price, particularly for this level of quality.
Characteristics of the MAT pub paint:
- MAT pub by Pébéo (France)
- Highly pigmented and extra matt finish
- Creamy, with a slight odour
- Fluid consistency with a matt gouache like finish, opaque* (*except for the fluorescent shades).
- UV and weather resistant, cadmium free
- Excellent viscosity for different techniques (dripping effects, airbrush if diluted with water) or graphic arts (drawing, illustration, lettering)
- Very good hold to almost any clean surface (paper, canvas, wood, metal, stone, inside or outside)
- Fast drying, ideal for layers (no cracking)
- Mixes with water, flexible and permanent finish
- No obvious brush strokes after drying
- You can use it for street art, outdoor decoration (frescoes, trompe l’oeil, murals) or event communication (posters, banners)
- Sophisticated cap that can be unscrewed (to pour paint easily) or opens with a hinge (allowing you to dip your brush)
- Transparent packaging, practical and reusable (if you want to be ecological)
- Available in 140ml or 500ml jars.
- Mixes and cleans with water
This paint is currently available at GreatArt Online and can be ordered to collect from their art supply shop in London Shoreditch or delivered to your home.
MAT pub acrylic paint can also be used as an undercoat just like a Gesso (dilute the colour by 1/3 with water).
No need to add water, the fluidity of the paint allows for direct application of the colour.